The little post that will be dwarfed by special dinner and go unnoticed...

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sesame and green onion beet salad


I love beets! Simple - boiled beets, sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, green onions, pinch of salt.

Poor man's bouillabaisse

This is my adaptation of traditional bouillabaisse, given that I didn't have any of the ingredients. The vegetables are potato, red bell pepper, tomato, onion, and garlic. You basically get those going, add anise seed (instead of fennel), turmeric (instead of saffron), bay leaves, broth, and then these are my additions: cumin, small amount of curry powder, dried pasilla peppers, chilli powder, this random Chinese cooking wine I found, fish sauce, pinch of cayenne. Oh, and the tilapia fillets at the end. The result is a hearty, slightly curried bouillabaisse with a kick!

Just some good ol' banana bread

Andrew my cooking partner is master of desserts. Steaming hot out of the oven.

Action shot

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers